Picture Gallery

Check out all the photos from our trip here

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ciao

This weekend we are all embarking on solo excursions. Amie and I (Erin) are taking a break from biking, while McKayla is pushing herself to new biking extremes (she is biking from Lutry to Marseille). Amie is visiting her friend Sara in Amsterdam and I am visiting my friend Libby in Milan, Italy.

I started my day at 4:45am, although I can't complain because Amie started her day at 2:45am... On the train to Milan I stopped and walked around Stresa, a cute, touristy lake town with great views of the Italian Alps. I looked for a disposable camera, but they don't appear to have them here. After walking around for an hour I got lonely and bored so I continued to Milan. I navigated the metro and found the hostel. I am definitely more anxious being in an Italian city alone, but the hostel is very safe so I stayed in for the afternoon. Tomorrow I'll venture into the city proper, chech into a hotel, and wait for Libby to arrive! Although I'm lonely the hardest part of being alone is feeling like I can't take advantage of exploring Italy without feeling uncomfortable. So I'm reading in Italy, which is still pretty cool, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment